Chiropractic care adjustments are considered by many to be part their health care routine. Chiropractors can help aide the pain in joints and muscles from sports injuries, everyday stressors, accidents and so much more. Even if you are not suffering from any specific pain, adjustments can help maintain a healthy spine, joints and muscles. This being said, it is important to find a health practionner that is right for you. Here are some tips to help you distinguish a “good” chiropractor.
- The best way to find chiropractor care is through referrals from your doctor, family or close friends. The advice from valuable people in your life can be incredibly helpful when choosing a health care provider.
- Another way you could find suitable chiropractor care is through the American Chiropractic Association, which lists board certified chiropractors.
- If you have a specific concern, you may want to find somebody who specializes in that area. For example, specific conditions, children, areas of the body etc.
- It is important to have a consultation with the chiropractor before you make any decisions. Similar to a medical doctor, you want to feel as comfortable as possible. Use a consultation as an opportunity to interview the chiropractor and get an overall sense of him/her along with the clinic atmosphere.
- Good chiropractor care will want to help you feel better as quickly as possible, with a proper follow-up treatment plan to maintain healthy functioning. They should give you helpful advice to maintain a healthy lifestyle. For example, stretches to improve mobility of muscles and joints, posture, and can suggest orthotics.
- Be wary of chiropractic care from those who claim they can “cure” various conditions that are not typically cued by chiropractic care. For example, asthma, heartburn, diabetes, infections etc.
- Another thing to look out for in a “bad chiropractor” is when they recommend the same treatment/ treatment plan to lots of patients regardless of their condition. Treatment plans should be specific and catered to you.
- Be mindful if you are recommended for a “long treatment plan” (ie. Three times a week for 6-12 months), if you do not have a chronic condition or severe pain. While regular adjustments are good for your overall wellbeing, you want to make sure you are not overdoing it if your body does not require it. Frequent visits should decrease after pain and functioning is back to normal.
- X-rays are another aspect to be wary of in your healthcare provider. While X-rays can help determine certain conditions or abnormabilities, they are often not necessary! They also pose possible health risks due to radiation. Be mindful of a chiropractic treatment that involves X-rays especially if it is more than once.
For expert Chiropractic care in North York visit us at the North York Madison ClinicLeave a reply