Proper Raking Technique
With Fall upon us, proper raking technique is critical in preventing injury. Decrease your risk of injury by following these steps:
- Select a lightweight rake that is the proper height and size.
- Pace yourself and be careful of your posture. Raking while hunched over puts extra strain on your lower back which can leave you feeling sore.
- Avoid back injury by moving your feet instead of standing in place and twisting. Vary movements and sides to avoid overusing a muscle group.
- Don’t overdo it – take frequent breaks while you work.
- Use proper lifting technique – bend with your legs, not your back.
- Follow with some stretching to help avoid injury.