Physiotherapist at Madison Clinic
I got my Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at York University, followed by a Masters of Physiotherapy program at the University of Toronto.
I was born in Omsk, Russia, located in southwestern Siberia. I know you’re thinking it’s super cold but the weather is actually very similar to Calgary with dry and cold winters but also hot summers.
I moved to Canada in 2004 with my parents, who wanted to provide me with a life where I was in control of my destiny and had the opportunities for success.
How did you get into Physiotherapy?
Back in Russia, my mom was a paediatrician, and I loved how fulfilled she was by her career. She saved babies’ lives on multiple occasions and never wanted any additional rewards in return for her work.
I often refer to my mom as ‘the perfect professional’ who had a high work ethic and reverence for human life. She inspired me to follow in her footsteps and become a medical professional myself.
Before making the decision, I interviewed 10 Canadian family doctors about their work satisfaction. I was surprised when 8/10 doctors told me they weren’t satisfied due to the OHIP system.
So I had to find something else within the medical field. However, I got a chance to volunteer at and eventually manage 2 rehab facilities for a year to gain an understanding of the physiotherapy profession.
I loved the working environment and how closely physiotherapists worked with their patients. I knew I wanted to pursue this as a career.
What do you love about your work at Madison Clinic?
What do you like to do for fun?
My primary passion is soccer. I love stepping on the field and feeling the grass underneath my feet. I also love being a part of a team and working together to achieve great results
Additionally, self-development is instrumental in my life. I love improving my skills and bettering myself.
Two of my favourite books are:
- ‘Growth Mindset’ by Carol Dwek – the concept of Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset resonated with me. We can control how good we become by improving our skill level. We have control over our lives.
- High-Performance Habits, How Extraordinary People Become That Way by Brendon Burchard – daily habits have an exponential effect on our overall quality of life. When we focus on habits to achieve a goal, we design our own life instead of following someone else’s script.
What’s unique about Madison Clinic?
The clinic’s been in business for over 20 years.
Dr. Rodney cares about people, and they follow his attitude towards wellbeing.
All professionals in the clinic care about people which becomes a mutual feeling allowing us to build long-term relationships with our clients.
We educate our patients to shift their mentality from “take my pain away” to “help me achieve my life goals through rehab.” The control is in your hands; we are your partners.
Our Physiotherapy Clinic is located in North York, Yonge and Sheppard area, in the Madison Centre. Our address is 4950 Yonge Street, Concourse Level, Unit 2, North York, Ontario, M2N 6K1
Why does this matter to me?
When investing in rehab, you want to get the best results possible. We provide that.
- More 1 on 1 care and attention
- You will feel seen and heard instead of feeling rushed and squeezed in between patients.
- You will get educated on your specific issue and be provided with clear instructions on recovering as quickly as possible.
- Our purpose in rehab is about achieving your goals and being the guide on that journey
I want to work with you. What should I do next?
The first step is to book an assessment.
You can do so on our website or by calling our office at 416-222-8235.
I look forward to meeting and helping you live pain-free!