Spring has finally sprung, and now is the best time to focus on living a wellness lifestyle; check out these helpful tips!
Looking for natural ways to fend off seasonal allergy symptoms? Sometimes the solutions are simple!
- Keep allergens out! Keep windows closed or certain rooms pet-free to limit your exposure.
- Cold for puffy eyes. Cold compresses can be especially soothing for irritated eyes.
- Get sweet! Some studies show pure, raw, local honey may help build natural antibodies to pollen.
- Try a neti pot. This ancient Indian tradition provides a natural method of nasal cleansing.
- Track pollen counts. Watch the news, listen to the radio or visit local weather websites to check pollen levels before you head outside.
Foods that Pack a Fight!
Did you know you can eat your way to allergy relief? Many common foods have anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties that help reduce symptoms.
- Apples (contain flavonoids that fend off inflammation)
- Red grapes (boast antioxidants and resveratrol; both fight inflammation)
- Citrus fruits (their dose of vitamin C does wonders for cold and allergy symptoms)
- Fish and nuts (both have properties that boost immunity and fight inflammation)
Yard work and gardening require stretching, caution and hydration just like traditional workouts do. Next time you work in the yard, be sure to follow these tips:
- If using mechanical equipment, use a strap secured across your body to normalize your center of gravity.
- Alternate using equipment on each side of your body.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Use proper lifting techniques.
- Hold heavy equipment close to your body.
Don’t forget, your cleaning supplies need a good cleaning too. Rid your home of those that contain these common toxins:
- Sodium hypochlorite, butyl cellosolve, nitrobenzene and thirourea
With these tips and tricks you can thrive throughout the season. If you are looking for more support, head down to the Madison Clinic located at 4950 Yonge St. North York, and consult a Naturopathic Doctor. Or, call us at 416-222-8235 to book a complimentary 15-minute naturopathic consultation, or any of our other services including: chiropractic care, physiotherapy, massage therapy and active rehab.Leave a reply