What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a method of treatment used by doctors to alleviate pain, manage injuries and deal with a variety of medical conditions. It is an important part of physical therapy, which is a branch of medicine that helps patients recover from strokes, cancer or illnesses that have affected the central nervous system.
What are the conditions treated with physiotherapy North York?
Physiotherapy care can provide relief from many of today’s most common health problems, including:
- Neck muscle stiffness
- SI joint dysfunction (lower back issues)
- Lower back disk issues
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy (shoulder injuries)
- Tennis elbow
- Hip Impingement
- Patellar tendinopathy (knee issues)
- Hip and knee arthritis
- Ankle sprains & Plantar fasciitis
- Neuropathies (nerve issues)
When should I see a physiotherapist?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should see a physiotherapist in North York
- If you experience lower back pain that radiates to your legs or buttocks)
- If you experience pain when squatting
- If you experience knee pain that radiates to your thigh or the side of your leg
- If you experience pain when turning your head
- If you experience stiffness that lasts for more than four hours
- If they are associated with neck pain or headaches that last for more than four hours
- If you experience pain when reaching across your body
- If you experience pain, numbness, tingling, weakness or a burning sensation in the wrist and hand
- If you experience pain in the elbow that is aggravated by extending the wrist or gripping
North York physiotherapy treatment is the best way to treat the conditions that are affecting your body. The physiotherapy treatment is the medical treatment that is provided by the physiotherapist under the supervision of the doctor. The physiotherapy is a holistic treatment that is used for the patients who are suffering from the injuries or the chronic pain.
What do Physiotherapists do when they treat you?
Physiotherapists are health professionals who are trained to identify and treat injuries and illnesses pertaining to: the muscles, bones and joints, the nervous system, the circulatory system, the respiratory system, the digestive system and the endocrine system.
The physiotherapist treatment is aimed at helping patients overcome their health problems and regain their mobility, ability to carry out daily activities, sense of well-being and quality of life. The physiotherapist’s treatment is based on an exercise program that is designed to restore your normal physical and mental functions and to help you prevent the development of new problems.
Physiotherapy North York
Visit Your North York Orthotics Clinic – Here at the North York Madison Sports Injury Clinic we want to provide you with the best chiropractic care North York. We offer many services from chiropractic adjustments, orthotics consolations, RMT, Physiotherapy north york, Kinesiology, and Naturopathy. Make an appointment today!