Sports Chiropractors specialize in the care of musculoskeletal injuries, including prevention. This type of chiropractic expertise is considered an excellent resource for athletes. Whether you need a little advice on performance issues or treatment for a sport-related injury, any type of athlete will find that a sports chiropractor is an important part of keeping their body in peak condition.
Why athletes should see a Chiropractor:
- Reduce wear and tear – Being active takes a big toll on the body and can often lead to spinal misalignments. Regular chiropractic care can reduce the long-term effects.
- Treat injuries without drugs – Overcome common injuries without medication and the risk of drug dependency.
- Enhance performance – Get preventative treatments before injuries and their symptoms occur. Regular adjustments help to keep the body in peak condition.
- Decrease post-game pain – Activity can cause joint and muscle soreness. Chiropractors ensure that the spine isn’t causing pain. If so, chiropractors apply techniques that can take the pressure off of nerves and surrounding tissue, and thereby reducing this pain.
- Increase flexibility – Regular adjustments keep muscles and joints limber. Therefore, many athletes get treatment to increase their flexibility. Consequently, maintaining flexible joints can help prevent injuries.
Let your road to relief and recovery start with us, The Madison Sport Injury and Rehab Clinic, located at 4950 Yonge St. North York, or contact us, at 416-222-8235.