Incorporating these easy, no equipment-needed exercises while at work, running errands or sitting in your car can help prevent many common conditions.
2 Easy Sitting Exercises:
Maintaining good posture can be a forgotten task. However taking a brief moment to focus on decompressing the neck and spine can help restore your overall balance and energy.
- Shift your body forward to the front of the chair.
- Place your feet wider than your hips.
- Fold your torso over your legs while letting your arms and head dangle.
- Hold for 3-5 breaths.
*Please do not do this exercise if you have high blood pressure, cataracts, ocular trauma, disk herniation or osteoporosis.
Carpal tunnel is a common condition that can develop as a result of repetitive motions involving the wrist such as typing, texting or any other motions that may cause your hands to be positioned lower than your wrists. Luckily, there are simple techniques that you can include in your daily routine to help prevent the onset of carpal tunnel.
Fist to Stop Sign
- Start by holding your arm out in front of you and making a fist.
- Open your fist so that your fingers point towards the ceiling, as though you’re telling someone to stop.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
Adding these two simple exercises to your daily routine can be beneficial to maintaining a balanced and active lifestyle.Leave a reply