What is Naturopathic Care?
Naturopathic care is a system of primary health care that uses natural therapies to safely and effectively address the underlying cause of dysfunction in the body. The philosophies of Naturopathic care include supporting the healing power of the body, treating the whole person and encouraging preventative care.
Naturopathic Doctors take a holistic approach to your health. By taking the time to get to know you, your Naturopathic Doctor will determine the factors that are holding you back from achieving physical, mental and emotional well-being. Your Naturopathic doctor will take a detailed account of your health history, perform a physical exam and review or request any necessary laboratory evaluation to come up with a treatment plan that is specific to your needs and goals. As leaders in preventative health care, Naturopathic Doctors empower their patients to take charge of their own health.
What treatments do Naturopathic Doctors offer?
Naturopathic Doctors utilize gentle, yet highly effective therapies which are targeted to each patient’s unique needs. These naturopathic treatments include, Clinical Nutrition and Dietary Counselling, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, Botanical Medicine, Homeopathy, Physical Medicine, Lifestyle Counselling and B12 injections.
How are Naturopathic Doctors trained?
There are only two accredited Naturopathic colleges in all of Canada. During the 4 year post-graduate program, Naturopathic Doctors learn how to diagnose disease, treat using natural means, and refer to another health care provider when necessary. In Ontario, Naturopathic Doctors are licensed by the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy – Naturopathy, and must pass rigorous examinations in order to practice.
How do I pay for Naturopathic care?
Visits with a licensed Naturopathic Doctor are covered by most extended health care plans. Please contact your insurance company for additional information on your plan.
Benefits of Naturopathic Care:
- Naturopathy treatments address the underlying cause of disease and offer long term solutions to your health needs
- Naturopathy treatments address all forms of health concerns – from acute to chronic conditions – and at any age – from pre-conception to healthy aging
- Naturopathy treatments are often the gentlest approach and support the body’s natural ability to heal
- Naturopathy treatments offer a holistic model of health care. Naturopathic Doctors recognize the importance of a healthy mind, body and spirit
- Naturopathy treatments offer a wide array of treatment modalities that are individualized to meet your needs and can be tailored to every lifestyle
- Naturopathy treatment is complementary to other forms of health care.
- Naturopathy doctors work with other health care providers, including Medical Doctors, to provide the most effective patient care
- Naturopathy treatment offers a preventative approach to health
- Naturopathic Doctors encourage their patients to be actively involved in taking charge of their health
From pre-conception to healthy aging, your neighbourhood North York Naturopathic Doctors play a pivotal role in restoring and maintaining optimal health by addressing the root cause of disease and providing a holistic model of care. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to book an appointment.
The Madison Sports Injury and Rehabilitation Clinic