What is Naturopathic Care?
Naturopathic care is a system of primary health care that uses natural therapies to safely and effectively address the underlying cause of dysfunction in the body. The philosophies of Naturopathic care include supporting the healing power of the body, treating the whole person and encouraging preventative care.
Naturopathic Doctors are unique in the sense that they regard your entire body as a system which includes physical, mental and emotional health. They take a holistic approach to your health by taking the time to learn about you and discover the aspects that might be hindering your well-being. Your Naturopathic Doctor will take a personalised account of what’s going on with you through a series of questions which will also include an examination by them and potentially having a laboratory test done. As a leader in preventative health care, your Naturopathic Doctor believes it is up to people like you to fulfil one’s life goals rather than wait for someone else to do so for you.
What treatments do Naturopathic Doctors offer?
Naturopathic Doctors often work closely with clients to formulate a health care regime that’s right for them. Acupuncture, vitamins, fitness advice and weight loss programs are just some of the therapies that may be offered by a Naturopathic Doctor. These practices vary from one doctor to another as no two people have identical goals or goals that can be met in exactly the same way. Naturopathic Doctors generally treat common ailments such as back pain, stress, insomnia and fatigue or arthritis rather than diseases.
How are Naturopathic Doctors trained?
There are only two accredited naturopathy colleges in all of Canada. Out of the four years that one spends in school, one is indeed learning how to diagnose various ailments and illnesses by using all natural means, and refer to another health care provider if necessary. For those of you who reside in Ontario, there is a special licensing process in place for natural healers – this is called the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy – Naturopathy – which students must pass rigorous examinations in order to practice.
How do I pay for Naturopathic care?
Visits with a licensed Naturopath are often covered under provincial health care plans. Please contact your insurance company for details on coverage and rates. Doctor’s appointments can be costly that’s why it’s important to speak with your insurer about coverage for naturopathic medicine.
Benefits of Naturopathic Care:
- Naturopathy treatments are like ‘backup hard drives’ for your mind and body. They show you how to avoid or correct the underlying issue so you don’t fall ill in future.
- Naturopathy deals with all types of health concerns. These include acute and chronic conditions in a person’s life, from each stage of their lifetime to healthy aging.
- Naturopaths typically take a gentle approach to their solutions, and instead support the body’s natural tendencies for self-healing.
- Naturopathy involves the intake of medications and treatment techniques including yoga, meditation and acupuncture in order to obtain holistic health and well-being
- Naturopathic approaches are tailored to individual clients and can be integrated into whatever kind of lifestyle you choose.
- Naturopathy is the study of natural ways of curing diseases. It is complementary to other forms of health care.
- Naturopathy doctors often work alongside other health care providers, including medical practitioners and homeopaths to provide patients with the best possible level of expert help available for their particular needs and requirements.
- Naturopathy is a holistic treatment for people who seek preventative health
- Naturopathic Doctors encourage their patients to be cognitive of how they can better themselves.
Here at the North York Madison Sports Injury Clinic we want to provide you with the best chiropractic care possible in North York. We offer many services from chiropractic adjustments, orthotics consolations, RMT, Physiotherapy, Kinesiology and Naturopathy. Make an appointment today!